Have you ever wanted separate controls for both Flaps and VTOL angle without having to touch the Auto Vectoring button? Well now you do! This addon adds separate keystrokes to your in-game controls menu for Flaps Up, Flaps Down, VTOL Up and VTOL Down. The keyboard commands can then be mapped to a joystick or throttle (HOTAS) if you want. Turning “Auto Vectoring” on and off is no longer required!
- Open your Controls Menu
- Click on Configure Addons
- Select “VTOL/FLAPS Controls Mod”
- Assign the keys
- OPTIONAL: You can then unmap the Vanilla FLAPS UP and FLAPS DOWN controls
- Keep “Auto Vectoring” mapped if you plan to use the F35 from C.U.P. so you can close the flight surfaces
- When you want to lower or raise flaps, hit those keys. When you want to raise or lower the VTOL angle, hit those keys.
- You no longer have to hit Auto Vectoring On/Off. This changes automatically.
- Regular (non-VTOL) planes function normally
- For VTOL angle to function, aircraft engine must be ON
- Works on all vanilla planes and VTOL aircraft and CUP VTOL aircraft
- VTOL and FLAPS controls separated into 4 separate keypresses so you can map to separate controls on your HOTAS
- Very small addon (0.1 MB)
- customizable controls via Configure Addons menu (CBA)
- Once BI implements a command to measure VTOL angle percentage, I can probably eliminate the need for the Auto Vectoring button when using the F35.
- Once BI implements some way of checking if an aircraft is a VTOL aircraft such as “isVTOL”, then I can make this work with all mods automatically.
- NOTE TO MOD MAKERS: If you have a VTOL aircraft that you’d like me to include in this mod, PM me the classname(s) of those VTOL aircraft.