Version 1.3 of my Sharks – Spex Species is now live and available for download from Steam.
- FIXED: Incorrect path to shark spawning module icon graphic
- FIXED: Zeus and Editor modules should now be working correctly, I hope.
- CHANGED: Reduced the amount of bleeding from the fish that the Sharks eat
- CHANGED: There is now a 10% chance that a shark will attack you if it starts stalking you during the day. At night, your chances of being attacked, if stalked, go up to 25%. Sharks are curious. They will still approach you.
- CHANGED: When you shoot a shark, it will swim quickly and farther away from you now, unless they are already attacking.
I just released a new version of my addon for Arma 3: Sharks – Apex Species
- Added support for Zeus (Animals Module)
- Added a “Shark – Apex Species” Module in the editor to spawn sharks via a trigger
- Increased resolution and sharpness of shark skins
- Added claspers to Sam (You’re welcome, Diane)
- Modified the AI so sharks are less likely to swim in schools
- Increased area that a shark searches to move to – should result in more natural behavior
Available on Steam here:
Since man first enterered the ocean, he has feared the shark. Stories, films and games have fed this fear giving the shark a monster-like reputation as a man-eating killer. This reputation is mainly based on fear and misunderstanding. According to the Australian Institute of Marine Science, 10 deaths per year are caused by sharks worldwide. But according to a report in Marine Policy, an estimated 100 million sharks are killed indirectly and directly by humans every year.
This addon puts two sharks into Arma 3, a male (Sam) and a female (Diane). I’ve created the AI to be as realistic as possible. They explore. They hunt. But they will only hunt a human in the complete absence of four other types of commonly found fish. This gives you the opportunity to swim with them, study them and try to understand them in relative safety. Will they attack you? Only if you are the only large animal within 50 meters after the Salema, Tuna, Mullet and Mackerel fish. So most of the time, you can enjoy your time with them. But if you are unlucky, they might just hunt you.
- Male and female sharks with pilot fish companions on each
- Shark selective hunting behavior (fish and humans)
- Sharks can change depth when hunting
- Underwater bleeding and blood effects
- Shark sinks to the sea floor when killed
- Safety script to move shark if it gets stuck in shallow water or stuck in the ground
- Custom sounds
So much time wasted sleeping, but it’s necessary.
What I’m Working On:
I’m currently working on several projects with various levels of completion. One of them, hinted in the featured image of this post, is very close to completion. I’m doing final AI testing, and so far it’s looking very good. Here is a status update on all of my current projects for Arma 3: Continue reading In Development