Since man first enterered the ocean, he has feared the shark. Stories, films and games have fed this fear giving the shark a monster-like reputation as a man-eating killer. This reputation is mainly based on fear and misunderstanding. According to the Australian Institute of Marine Science, 10 deaths per year are caused by sharks worldwide. But according to a report in Marine Policy, an estimated 100 million sharks are killed indirectly and directly by humans every year.
This addon puts two sharks into Arma 3, a male (Sam) and a female (Diane). I’ve created the AI to be as realistic as possible. They explore. They hunt. But they will only hunt a human in the complete absence of four other types of commonly found fish. This gives you the opportunity to swim with them, study them and try to understand them in relative safety. Will they attack you? Only if you are the only large animal within 50 meters after the Salema, Tuna, Mullet and Mackerel fish. So most of the time, you can enjoy your time with them. But if you are unlucky, they might just hunt you.
- Male and female sharks with pilot fish companions on each
- Shark selective hunting behavior (fish and humans)
- Sharks can change depth when hunting
- Underwater bleeding and blood effects
- Shark sinks to the sea floor when killed
- Safety script to move shark if it gets stuck in shallow water or stuck in the ground
- Custom sounds