This mod will increase the range of head motion that is possible in first person view while in airplanes, helicopters, VTOLs, boats, ships, subs, tanks and cars when using TrackIR. This includes adding the ability to move your view left/right, up/down and front/back when inside a vehicle (usually more movement is possible than Vanilla). This mod also changes the aiplane pilot FOV from 0.75 to 1. It now supports Jets DLC!
Have you ever wanted separate controls for both Flaps and VTOL angle without having to touch the Auto Vectoring button? Well now you do! This addon adds separate keystrokes to your in-game controls menu for Flaps Up, Flaps Down, VTOL Up and VTOL Down. The keyboard commands can then be mapped to a joystick or throttle (HOTAS) if you want. Turning “Auto Vectoring” on and off is no longer required!
- Open your Controls Menu
- Click on Configure Addons
- Select “VTOL/FLAPS Controls Mod”
- Assign the keys
- OPTIONAL: You can then unmap the Vanilla FLAPS UP and FLAPS DOWN controls
- Keep “Auto Vectoring” mapped if you plan to use the F35 from C.U.P. so you can close the flight surfaces
- When you want to lower or raise flaps, hit those keys. When you want to raise or lower the VTOL angle, hit those keys.
- You no longer have to hit Auto Vectoring On/Off. This changes automatically.
- Regular (non-VTOL) planes function normally
- For VTOL angle to function, aircraft engine must be ON
- Works on all vanilla planes and VTOL aircraft and CUP VTOL aircraft
- VTOL and FLAPS controls separated into 4 separate keypresses so you can map to separate controls on your HOTAS
- Very small addon (0.1 MB)
- customizable controls via Configure Addons menu (CBA)
- Once BI implements a command to measure VTOL angle percentage, I can probably eliminate the need for the Auto Vectoring button when using the F35.
- Once BI implements some way of checking if an aircraft is a VTOL aircraft such as “isVTOL”, then I can make this work with all mods automatically.
- NOTE TO MOD MAKERS: If you have a VTOL aircraft that you’d like me to include in this mod, PM me the classname(s) of those VTOL aircraft.
Version 2.8 of my Head Range Plus mod is now out on Steam. This mod will increase the range of head motion that is possible in first person when using TrackIR. This includes adding the ability to move your view left/right, up/down and front/back when inside a vehicle.
- FIXED strange FOV bug (it’s a new feature in dev branch with no documentation)
Thanks to the community for alerting me to this problem especially Grester and LeadGhosT.
So much time wasted sleeping, but it’s necessary.
What I’m Working On:
I’m currently working on several projects with various levels of completion. One of them, hinted in the featured image of this post, is very close to completion. I’m doing final AI testing, and so far it’s looking very good. Here is a status update on all of my current projects for Arma 3: Continue reading In Development